Monday 24 February 2014

I've changed my blog name!

Image from Pinterest

Howdy friends,

Its been too long AGAIN!

In the past few months I've been busy as heck, but also bursting at the seams with creative overload (if there is such a condition). Basically, all I can say is that I've had too many ideas for blog posts and too wide a vision. I have been unhappy with the name 'Life of Splendour' for quite some time now. Why? Because to be honest, I think it sounds too try-hard. When I really thought about it, I realized that it could come across as having the kind of spirit that says "Hey! Look at me! My life is AMAZING, my life is AWESOME!! So awesome in fact that I need to show it to the world, and you should come and see how full of SPLENDOUR my life is!". 

Cringe.

This was not my intention. In fact, my life is far from impressive on a multitude of levels.   

The word splendour is really what it's all about. I'm an idealist. I believe everyone deserves to shine and reach their potential. However, since starting my blog so much has happened: I've survived the storms of pregnancy (with much power spewing), I've started a career in teaching which has come to a screaming halt due to the birth of my son Arie. I've learnt the ropes of motherhood, and have navigated the difficult task of balancing all the priorities that life requires of me. My has brain been narrowed down to the sphere of motherhood. And through the lens of motherhood, I now see the world differently.

As a result, I have found "LIFE" of splendour to be too broad to commit to. After much thought and angst and creative overload, I have realized that my blog name also needs to be narrowed down.

Enter the word SPROUT

verb (used without object)
1. to begin to grow; shoot forth, as a plant from a seed
2. (of a seed or plant) to put forth buds or shoots
3. to develop or grow quickly

verb (used with object)
4. to cause to sprout

To me this word holds beautiful imagery and symbolism. In my own life, sprout makes me think of health and wellness, but also of something small; of babies and children that require nurturing and care to reach their potential. SPROUT-ING is a verb. It implies DOING something. Growing something, doing something new and fresh.

That's what I've been doing the past 7 months, sprouting my little man Arie, but also sprouting and nurturing myself (in mind, body & spirit) in order to fulfill all that motherhood requires of me.

Sprouting splendour is therefore a blog all about motherhood; for mums and mums to be who want to sprout splendour and health in their children, in their marriages, relationships, and in their community. 

If you are a wild hearted woman seeking to find a place in (or a perspective of) motherhood that is fun, refreshing, beautiful, purposeful, adventurous and exciting then this is the blog for you. This won't be a place where motherhood is seen as daggy, a "throwing away of your life", or a life sentence of living in your tracky dacks, and miserably doing housework.

We're in the 21st century for crying out loud!

Welcome to my new blog: Sprouting Splendour. I hope you can join me on this crazy adventure of motherhood, and maybe together we can make it look cool again!

Peace,

Jess






No comments:

Post a Comment